Thursday, September 1, 2011

Testimonial

Hi Elena,

I got the medicine you left for me on the door.

Just want to report that I had one of the most productive days at home since I can't remember when. I was not distracted in any way, shape or form by usual 'cravings' associated with my addiction. It was a very refreshing day. Several times I felt a flush of chemicals (perhaps endorphins) in the brain similar to what I seek through my 'acting out' behavior except this time it felt very natural - and uplifting. A very stellar and inspiring day. This is what sobriety is to me - not fighting with my body or my mind. I am going to bed now with genuine feelings of satisfaction rather than the usual pain, shame, and guilt. I look forward to more days like today.

Thank you for your support,
M.T.
West Vancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
google14d89c2b3c97140a.html